"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results."
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Strategy and Results
Chartwell Hotels is a progressive ownership and management company that strives to produce a healthy and creative business environment - one that benefits owners, customers and team members alike. The results of these efforts are revealed in the businesses we operate and we invite your appraisal and comments.
Chartwell currently owns and manages eight hotels and has one in development. Our portfolio consists of more than 800 rooms under the Marriott Springhill Suites, Hampton Inn and Suites, Holiday Inn Express & Suites, and Holiday Inn flags. Chartwell also has full Food and Beverage expertise and also owns/manages office and retail complexes. Our own concept, The James, is running successfully in Williamsport. It has been a hit since its inception and is now identified as one of the best restaurants in the greater Williamsport area as well as the finest of catering establishments. Visit www.thejameswilliamsport.com to see for yourself.
Quite simply, the strategy of Chartwell delivers positive results.
Since the company's inception, we have:
- Established a .87 workers comp mod.
- Been approved as a Marriott owner/franchisee.
- Purchased the Holiday Inn Express, Manchester in 2007.
- Purchased a SpringHill Suites, a Hampton Inn, and a Holiday Inn Express in 2008.
- Reduced insurance costs at our hotels by 12%
- Been responsible for the oversight of over $5,000,000.00 in renovations and PIPs. Met or exceeded all brand standards.
- Repositioned in-house restaurants for a more profitable operation and higher guest satisfaction scores.
- Established The Chartwell Sell-Well Platform that assists the properties in achieving their goals.
- Established "Chartwell Live Well," our employee wellness program as well as our company program to reduce our carbon footprint