We chose our company name in recognition of a man whose personal philosophies were most influential to the principals and the operational philosophy of our company. Chartwell was the family home of Sir Winston Churchill from 1922 until his death in 1965. The house is situated 2 miles south of Westerham in Kent off the B2026 road. Churchill loved the house.
On the pages of this website and below we’ve featured some quotes from this inspirational leader.
- "The price of greatness is responsibility".
- "A day away from Chartwell is a day wasted."
- "Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is
the quality which guarantees all others".
- "Difficulties mastered are opportunities won".
- "I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else".
- "I am easily satisfied with the very best".
- "I never worry about action, but only about inaction".
- "If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have
lost the future".
- "Kites rise highest against the wind - not with it".
- "Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the
- "Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm".
- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue